Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by kay <ka...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/20 15:40:04 UTC

Jmeter client-server configuration

Dear community,

Is it possible to view realtime graphs on client side from the task
which was started remotely on server?

I've tried to configure jmeter server's "remote_host" to
my_local_host_ip and start task remotely. It was started correctly:
./jmeter-server
Created remote object: UnicastServerRef [liveRef:
[endpoint:[my_local_host_ip:38247](local),objID:[-47c22b9e:139443405ee:-7fff,
4327918874775655777]]]
Starting the test on host my_local_host_ip @ Mon Aug 19 17:26:28 GMT
2012 (1345469188678)
Finished the test on host my_local_host_ip @ Mon Aug 19 17:27:22 GMT
2012 (1345469242149)

But I didn't see any graphs on jmeter client side. Also I didn't find any logs.

Re: Jmeter client-server configuration

Posted by Adrian Speteanu <as...@gmail.com>.
Other reasons why remote results aren't collected might be connectivity:
i.e. if remote machine is in an internal sub-network (a vLAN or whatever
other setup), the IT usually firewalls its access to the business network
(where your station usually is) => you can connect there, but connections
initiated from there are blocked.

Just a possibility, though...

--Adrian S

Posted by Niraj <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 21 August 2012 07:04, kay <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have centos 5 as server and ubuntu as client. Jmeter version is the
> same on both sides.
>
> JMX I use has the log writer, but server side doesn't write any.

That's correct; in client-server mode the results are returned to the client.

The server only writes a log file.

Posted by kay <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Niraj <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by kay <ka...@gmail.com>.