Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Nikolaos Dalezios <da...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/04 12:13:35 UTC

Re: DMTF CADF event model implementation

My experience with Java is not enough (is it ever?) to get immediatelly
full involved with CloudStack, but I'm studying......... (and struggling)
the code to understand *where to put what*? I have experience with Django
and Python.
 I would like to implement DMTF CADF Event model (just the required
components at this point).

*Model Component*

*CADF Definition*

OBSERVER

The RESOURCE that generates the CADF Event Record based on its observation
(directly or indirectly) of the Actual Event.

INITIATOR

The RESOURCE that initiated, originated,or instigated the event's ACTION,
according to the OBSERVER

ACTION

The operation or activity the INITIATOR has performed, attempted to perform
or has pending against the event's TARGET, according to the OBSERVER

TARGET

The RESOURCEagainst which the ACTION of a CADF Event Recordwas performed,
was attempted, or is pending, according to the OBSERVER.

OUTCOME

The result or status of the ACTIONagainst the TARGET, according to the
OBSERVER.

I am planning to do the following :

   1. In the "Global Settings" section put an option
   "event.notification.format" with values "native" or "cadf"
   2. In the event db table add a "payload" field or use the description
   field?
   3. In the server project locate where event logging is actually taking
   place and intercept code (based on event.notification.format value)

How exactly do I make changes to the database schema (add
event.notification.format). I think that I should add it to a
"engine/schema/src/main/resources/META-INF/db/schema-???-???.sql" file?

PS.
I understand that you people have a lot in mind, but if anyone has the time
to write a few guidlines and comment on my thoughts I would be grateful.
Wiki goes only half the way.....

Thank you

Dalezios Nikolaos

Στις Τρί, 29 Ιαν 2019 στις 1:49 μ.μ., ο/η Rafael Weingärtner <
rafaelweingartner@gmail.com> έγραψε: