Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com> on 2013/05/25 06:07:17 UTC

inventory item labels

Jacopo,

in 2007 you added the inventory item labels to the facility component.

can you tell me the purpose of this function?

thanks in advance,

Regards,
Hans

Re: inventory item labels

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
On May 25, 2013, at 6:07 AM, Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com> wrote:

> Jacopo,
>
> in 2007 you added the inventory item labels to the facility component.
>
> can you tell me the purpose of this function?

The idea is that you can define "inventory labels" (InventoryItemLabel) and then associate them to one or more InventoryItem (InventoryItemLabelAppl) for classification purposes: for example inventory items can then be searched by label.
Each "inventory label" has a type (InventoryItemLabelType) to provide the flexibility to define different groups of labels (one inventory item can have more than one label associated to it).

I hope it helps,

Jacopo