Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Oleg V Alexeev <go...@penza.net> on 2001/11/27 10:59:58 UTC

Re[2]: Fwd: Re: Extensibility of struts... a solution, maybe

Hello Arron,

Tuesday, November 27, 2001, 11:53:25 AM, you wrote:

AB> Just a note on this subject....

AB> You know that you can get absolutely sweet decoupling from everything
AB> struts for your data model with the use of nesting objects?... And no
AB> messy property copying!

AB> I wanted to get a simple persistence mechanism running for my form
AB> object, so I placed a little serialization logic into my action (Some
AB> app servers need their session objects to serialize also, like iPlanet).
AB> The struts action form wouldn't serialize for me so all I did was add an
AB> extra nest level and serialized from there down leaving my entire
AB> structure nothing but the data that I wanted. All the child objects
AB> implement serializeable, extend nothing, and know nothing of struts.

AB> This is all elegantly managed in the JSP's with the use of the
AB> handy-dandy nesting extension. :)

AB> That's my two cents.
AB> If you want the code for what I just blabbed on about, mail me...
AB> arron@keyboardmonkey.com

Can you post some samples to the list?

--
Best regards,
 Oleg                            mailto:gonza@penza.net

Re: Fwd: Re: Extensibility of struts... a solution, maybe

Posted by Arron <ar...@keyboardmonkey.com>.
It's all here... the original nesting extension and the saving model I
just mentioned.

http://www.keyboardmonkey.com/downloads/struts/index.html

The main part of the action simply gets the data that held in a
hierarchy of objects from one method and serializes the result. It's in
the example "SavingMonkey" war file on the link above. It's all there.

Arron