Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Alex McLintock <al...@my-deja.com> on 2000/11/17 14:26:10 UTC

FAQ-O-Matic - Plea for questions

Hi folks,

I said that I could set up a FAQ-O-Matic style system for fop users
I will try to set this up on Sunday morning when I have some spare
time. (If anyone thinks there is a better way then stop me now
before I set it up)

I know of the existing short FAQ on

     http://xml.apache.org/fop/faqs.html

but really that is terribly out of date.

I need questions. What are the Frequently Asked Questions?
I don't archive this list myself so I can't go over
recent messages to extract them.

Please email me FA Questions or post them to the list if you have a lot. FOP-USERS this is your chance to contribute big time.

Of course I'd like answers too, but questions are more important now.

The system I build will be available on www.OWAL.co.uk
I don't want to touch xml.apache.org myself if I can avoid it.

--------------------------------------

Is Scarab (Bug Tracking system) not ready for use yet?
I got the impression that Jon S Stevens was working quite hard on
it so I'd be surprised if it wasn't up to scratch yet.

Alex McLintock

Alex McLintock

 http://www.inversity.co.uk/       http://www.DiverseBooks.com/
        XML <tshirt/>             So Many Books, So Little Time

Before you buy.

Re: FAQ-O-Matic - Plea for questions

Posted by Fotis Jannidis <fo...@lrz.uni-muenchen.de>.
From:           	"Alex McLintock" <al...@my-deja.com>

> I said that I could set up a FAQ-O-Matic style system for fop users
> I will try to set this up on Sunday morning when I have some spare
> time. (If anyone thinks there is a better way then stop me now
> before I set it up)

Great, I will include the url into the Fop documentation as soon as it
is up and running.

> I know of the existing short FAQ on
>
>      http://xml.apache.org/fop/faqs.html
>
> but really that is terribly out of date.

Mmh, *terribly* out of date? I think all questions are still faqs and
most answers are still correct.

Compilation
Q: Source files for the formatting properties are missing
answer still ok

Q: Formatting object xxx doesn't work as expected
q & a. still valid (except the wd date), but the q. could be
reformulated like this:
Formatting object xxx or property yyy doesn't work as expected

Q: Supporting the latest XSL working draft
must be changed

Q: Fatal error: Root element must be root
valid

Q: Char '>' inserted into page number
valid

Q: Are font properties allowed here
valid

Q: I need some additional fonts in FOP.
A: changed. Pointer to the description be Jeremias

New questions:
Q: Problems with building Fop. What can I do?
(basic answer in latest compiling.html)

Q: Latest Fop and Cocoon?
Q: Fop and large documents
Q: Which version of Xerces and Xalan
Q: Problems running Fop, sample classpath
Q: How do I get effect xxx with xsl:fo?
a. refers to the new user discussion list
Q: I think I found a bug, what should I do

Q: I have question xxx and problem yyy. Who can help?
A: *Please* read the documentation first etc.

> I need questions. What are the Frequently Asked Questions?
> I don't archive this list myself so I can't go over
> recent messages to extract them.

The Fop archive can be found here (also a faq btw)

Fotis