Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Doug Pham <do...@yahoo.com> on 2008/03/11 22:22:08 UTC

Quickstart Example

Hi All,
     I am experimenting with the "quickstart" application from the struts 2 tutorial links (http://cwiki.apache.org/WW/struts-2-spring-2-jpa-ajax.html).  I have updated the struts version to 2.0.11.1 and spring to 2.5.2.  Everything works great but when I added sitemesh to the pom, I got an error and jetty does not start

pom.xml
.
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.struts</groupId>
            <artifactId>struts2-sitemesh-plugin</artifactId>
            <version>2.0.11.1</version>
        </dependency>
.

Error:
        [INFO] Jetty server exiting.
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Failure

Embedded error: Cannot construct Factory : com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.factory.DefaultFactory: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
[INFO] Traceorg.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failure
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:564)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeStandaloneGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:493)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:463)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:311)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:278)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:143)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:334)
.
.

Thanks,
Doug

---------------------------------

Re: Quickstart Example

Posted by Doug Pham <do...@yahoo.com>.
I jumped the gun too quick on this one.  I did get it to work, but it prevent the ajax portion to work.  At least I know it works, I'll investigate on the struts ajax issue separately.

Thank You,
Doug

Doug Pham <do...@yahoo.com> wrote: Hi All,
     I am experimenting with the "quickstart" application from the struts 2 tutorial links (http://cwiki.apache.org/WW/struts-2-spring-2-jpa-ajax.html).  I have updated the struts version to 2.0.11.1 and spring to 2.5.2.  Everything works great but when I added sitemesh to the pom, I got an error and jetty does not start

pom.xml
.

            org.apache.struts
            struts2-sitemesh-plugin