Posted to xmlrpc-dev@ws.apache.org by Ryan Hoegg <rh...@isisnetworks.net> on 2003/02/03 18:09:11 UTC

[Fwd: Moving Base64 in HttpClient to commons-codec]

Just noticed this on the HttpClient mailing list.  Looks like things are
happening with Base64.  We should make sure our interests are
represented as well.  I know very little about the "new" version of
Base64 in the HttpClient package, but we should at least make sure that
our problems do not resurface.

Of course, we could just ignore them and keep our own fork.  (-1)

I am posting this instead of doing this because there is a risk I won't
get time to look at it for a couple days.

--
Ryan Hoegg
ISIS Networks

Re: [Fwd: Moving Base64 in HttpClient to commons-codec]

Posted by Martin Redington <m....@ucl.ac.uk>.
I just had a look at the HttpClient version. I can't see much
difference from the "base" Base64 code (the one that subsequently got
copied into various jakarta projects), apart from some reformatting.

The httpclient version still has the whitespace and non-Base64
character issues ...