Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Shivaraj Sivasankaran <sh...@ericsson.com.INVALID> on 2022/07/27 14:42:37 UTC

RE: Java 17 Compatibility

Gentle reminder on the below query.

From: Shivaraj Sivasankaran
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2022 11:54 AM
To: dev@community.apache.org
Cc: M Vasanthakumar <m....@ericsson.com>
Subject: Java 17 Compatibility

Hi,

Am Shivaraj from Ericsson India Global Private Limited, we have our own software to meet the business need and we use below open source library to achieve certain functionalities. Since we have a plan to upgrade existing java runtime environment to Java 17 we need to know the compatibility of the below component that can run on top of Java 17. Please let us know the plan/roadmap of upgrading to java 17, it would be helpful if you are giving matrix with table for components and their supported java version (including java 17).

Vendor
Software Name
Version
Apache
Parquet Avro
1.12.2
Apache
Avro
1.11.0
Apache
Parquet Hadoop Bundle
1.12.2

Regards,
Shivaraj Sivasankaran.

Re: Java 17 Compatibility

Posted by Aditya Sharma <ad...@apache.org>.
Hello Shivaraj,

As Bertrand mentioned, each project has their own community. The community
makes such decisions and not the Apache Software Foundation.

Please subscribe to the user mailing list of the projects and ask queries
there itself. Sharing quick links to mailing lists:

Apache Parquet
https://parquet.apache.org/community/

Apache Hadoop
https://hadoop.apache.org/mailing_lists.html

Apache Avro
https://avro.apache.org/mailing_lists.html

HTH

Thanks and Regards,
Aditya Sharma

Re: Java 17 Compatibility

Posted by Michael Sokolov <ms...@gmail.com>.
Have you tried contacting the individual projects via their mailing lists?
Apache projects run themselves with only minimal oversight from Apache
foundation, and we don't maintain any kind of centralized compatibility
matrix. However the projects you mention can probably help you find out
what you need to know.

On Wed, Jul 27, 2022, 10:43 AM Shivaraj Sivasankaran