Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Nate Cole <nc...@hortonworks.com> on 2017/03/01 17:12:22 UTC

Re: BIGTOP Stack

Resend for visibility.  BIGTOP stack will be removed in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks,
Nate

From: Nate Cole <nc...@apache.org>
Date: Tuesday, February 14, 2017 at 3:38 PM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org" <us...@ambari.apache.org>, "dev@ambari.apache.org" <de...@ambari.apache.org>
Subject: BIGTOP Stack

All,

In working on trunk, I noticed that changes are being backported to the BIGTOP stack in the source tree.  These changes appear to be changes to other stacks where a similar coding pattern is being followed in BIGTOP.  It is unclear if any of these changes are breaking the stack or not.

I’m sending this email to check if anyone is actively supporting or working on this stack for production purposes.  If not, then we can consider moving this stack to a Management Pack instead of in the source tree proper.

Please respond in the next week only if you are actively using this stack, and I can reach out to you to see if it can be moved to a Management Pack.

Thanks,
Nate