Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Delos <da...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/21 17:00:09 UTC

[VOTE] GEP 2.2 release - RC3 (3rd try)

Hi everyone, Please review and vote on the release of the Geronimo Eclipse
Plugin 2.2 *RC3*. Compared to RC2, RC3 contains source code packages,
checksum and signature files for you to review.

You can verify the integrity of the files with KEYS from
http://www.apache.org/dist/geronimo/KEYS

The source code packages are here:

http://people.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/2.2.0/RC3/staging_site/geronimo-eclipse-plugin-2.2-source-release.tar.gz

http://people.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/2.2.0/RC3/staging_site/geronimo-eclipse-plugin-2.2-source-release.zip

The deployable binary zip file is here:

---->
http://people.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/2.2.0/RC3/staging_site/geronimo-eclipse-plugin-2.2.0-deployable.zip

The update site binary zip file is here:

---->
http://people.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/2.2.0/RC3/staging_site/geronimo-eclipse-plugin-2.2.0-updatesite.zip

The current svn location is here (revision number 897748):

---->
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/devtools/eclipse-plugin/branches/2.2

The future svn location will be here (when approved):

---->
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/devtools/eclipse-plugin/tags/2.2

If you would like to review and/or comment on the release notes, they are
here:

---->
http://people.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/2.2.0/RC3/staging_site/PLUGIN_RELEASE-NOTES-2.2.0.txt

There is a rudimentary set of install instructions available at the URL
below that will hopefully describe the necessary prereq(s) and steps
required to install and run the GEP:

---->
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/how-to-install-geronimo-eclipse-plugin.html

In an effort to get more people to review and vote I'd recommend going
through this quick but useful tutorial demonstrating some of the
capabilities of the GEP:

---->
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/5-minute-tutorial-on-enterprise-application-development-with-eclipse-and-geronimo.html

Finally, I've created a Staging Site that can be used to test the update
manager functions (i.e., p2 in Ganymede or Galileo) of Eclipse for
downloading the GEP itself. This is also documented in the instructions, but
you must use the staging site created for this vote at:

---->
http://people.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/2.2.0/RC3/staging_site/updates/

Please let me know if there are any questions and/or problems. The vote is
open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1  Release Geronimo Eclipse Plugin 2.2
[ ] +0  No opinion
[ ] -1  Don't release Geronimo Eclipse Plugin 2.2

Thanks in advance!

--
Best Regards,

Delos