Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Koon Yue Lam <ki...@gmail.com> on 2004/07/03 05:41:55 UTC

[Net.NNTP] character encoding problem

Hi, I am rather new in Net.NNTP and now I hava a question

I use the commons.net.io.DotTerminatedMessageReader.Read() method to
read the post content fethch from newsserver. If the content is in
English, no problem, everything just fine.
However if the content's encoding UTF-8 / Big5, all character read
have change to "???", especially Chinese character.

I take a look at the source code and seems there are no option for me
to choose a character encoding for the Reader, which unlike
InputSteamReader() for me to choose the encoding.

So how can I read UTF-8  / Big5 content??

Any help will be appreciated

Regards