Posted to users@tiles.apache.org by Doug Culnane <do...@culnane.net> on 2008/02/28 18:43:47 UTC

Tiles on a chrooted server

Hi,

I have Apache tiles working great on my local Tomcat or Jetty installation
but when I deploy to a Linux Server running Tomcat 5.5 the application
does not work.  I think i have isolated the problem to being tiles and
references in the layout file.  This could be due to the chrooted
environment on the server.

My use of tiles is very basic and follows the getting started examples.
Code is here: http://imca.sourceforge.net/source-repository.html

The error in the log is:

2008-02-20 17:58:23,359 ERROR [ApplicationDispatcher.java:723] :
Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
javax.faces.FacesException: Faces context not found. getResponseWriter
will fail. Check if the FacesServlet has been initialized at all in your
web.xml configuration fileand if you are acce
ssing your jsf-pages through the correct mapping. E.g.: if your
FacesServlet is mapped to  *.jsf (with the <servlet-mapping>-element), you
need to access your pages as 'sample.jsf'. If you
tried to access 'sample.jsp', you'd get this error-message.
        at
javax.faces.webapp.UIComponentTag.setupResponseWriter(UIComponentTag.java:926)
        at
javax.faces.webapp.UIComponentTag.doStartTag(UIComponentTag.java:313)
        at org.apache.myfaces.taglib.core.ViewTag.doStartTag(ViewTag.java:73)
        at
org.apache.jsp.layout.default_jsp._jspx_meth_f_005fview_005f0(default_jsp.java:84)
        at org.apache.jsp.layout.default_jsp._jspService(default_jsp.java:60)
        at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:98)
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:328)
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:315)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:265)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:691)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doInclude(ApplicationDispatcher.java:594)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.include(ApplicationDispatcher.java:505)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspRuntimeLibrary.include(JspRuntimeLibrary.java:965)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doInclude(PageContextImpl.java:634)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.include(PageContextImpl.java:628)
        at
        at
        at org.apache.tiles.jsp.context.JspUtil.doInclude(JspUtil.java:87)
        at
org.apache.tiles.jsp.context.JspTilesRequestContext.include(JspTilesRequestContext.java:88)
        at
org.apache.tiles.jsp.context.JspTilesRequestContext.dispatch(JspTilesRequestContext.java:82)
        at
org.apache.tiles.impl.BasicTilesContainer.render(BasicTilesContainer.java:419)
        at
org.apache.tiles.impl.BasicTilesContainer.render(BasicTilesContainer.java:370)
        at
org.apache.tiles.jsp.taglib.InsertDefinitionTag.render(InsertDefinitionTag.java:63)
        at
org.apache.tiles.jsp.taglib.RenderTagSupport.execute(RenderTagSupport.java:171)
        at
org.apache.tiles.jsp.taglib.RoleSecurityTagSupport.doEndTag(RoleSecurityTagSupport.java:75)
        at
org.apache.tiles.jsp.taglib.ContainerTagSupport.doEndTag(ContainerTagSupport.java:80)
        at
org.apache.jsp.login_jsp._jspx_meth_tiles_005finsertDefinition_005f0(login_jsp.java:106)
        at org.apache.jsp.login_jsp._jspService(login_jsp.java:56)
        at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:98)

I know this looks like a JSF problem but i have been down that road and I
am convinced it is tiles and the refs in
http://imca.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/imca/tags/imca-1.1.1/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/tiles.xml?revision=246&view=markup

Does anyone have any experience of solving this?

Thanks,

Doug

Re: Tiles on a chrooted server

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2008/2/28, Doug Culnane <do...@culnane.net>:
>  javax.faces.FacesException: Faces context not found.

I might be wrong, but probably the JspTilesTwoViewHandlerImpl could be
useful for you:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/tomahawk/trunk/core/src/main/java/org/apache/myfaces/tomahawk/application/jsp/JspTilesTwoViewHandlerImpl.java
Try to follow the docs for Struts/Tiles, adapting it for Tiles 2:
http://myfaces.apache.org/tomahawk/tiles.html

Antonio