Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jonathan Revusky <re...@wanadoo.es> on 2006/03/28 20:04:11 UTC

OT: (Re: I Apologize)

Dave Newton wrote:

List members. Here I am sorry for the off-topic. Dave Newton seems to be
insinuating something -- though it's not 100% clear what.

> Larry Meadors wrote:
>
>>LOL, Jon, do you read your own posts?
>>

> Who has the time?
>
> As a side note, back when he was spraying on the Velocity list he was
> the subject of my first Markov chaining program.

What Markov chaining program? What are you talking about?

> Tragically for Jonathon, but amazingly for Markov chaining, I often
> couldn't distinguish between his real posts and the posts generated by
> the Markov chaining program.
>
> Neither, apparently, could people on the list.

You're alluding to stuff that happened 3 years ago or so. It gets vague
in one's memory, but you seem to be babbling. Just like in this case,
everybody on that list knew which posts were written by me and which
ones weren't.

Why are you inventing a bunch of nonsense about what happened then and
there and posting it here and now -- 3 years later on a separate list?

You know, there's no guarantee that anything you write on a public forum
is useful or interesting to everybody there. That is why I find
ridiculous this idea that the presence of threads that some people
aren't interested in is such a problem.

On the other hand, Dave, really maybe you should only post when you do
have something to say. I think, by that basic standard, your last few
posts have definitely been superfluous.

Jonathan

Re: OT: (Re: I Apologize)

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@pingsite.com>.
Jonathan Revusky wrote:
>> As a side note, back when he was spraying on the Velocity list he was
>> the subject of my first Markov chaining program.
> What Markov chaining program? What are you talking about?

Uh... I'm talking about the first time I wrote a Markov chaining
program, just like I said.

> You're alluding to stuff that happened 3 years ago or so.

Really? I thought it was longer ago than that... must have blocked it out.

> Why are you inventing a bunch of nonsense about what happened then and
> there and posting it here and now -- 3 years later on a separate list?

Because I love listening to you spray.

And it increases the accuracy of my Markov chaining program.

Although your love letter to James threw it off because (I guess) you
only cuss people out via private email. I'll have to re-run everything
without that one to avoid inaccuracy.

I gotta admit, though, it was priceless, and I still get all warm and
fuzzy when I think about it.

> On the other hand, Dave, really maybe you should only post when you do
> have something to say. I think, by that basic standard, your last few
> posts have definitely been superfluous.

*rotflmao*

Oh! You were serious?! Gosh, Jonathon, I really do appreciate the advice.

Dave "Kettle" Newton

Re: OT: (Re: I Apologize)

Posted by Troll Alert <tr...@gmail.com>.
Members of list: