Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Kanchana Welagedara <ka...@opensource.lk> on 2007/02/06 11:11:31 UTC

Deployment Plan-openejb.jar

Hi All

"Where to start ? Start from the Beginning"-Allice in wonderland.

So I started from the beginning from v1.1.This is the deployment
plan-openejb.jar documentation for the geronimo v1.1.This document is
being part and partial with sample application section and used them to
describe the deployment plans for EJB application.
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC11/openejb-jarxml.html

It's not only me, Karthiga(karthiga@opensource.lk) worked on the text
formatting and diagrams in this article.

I will continue to upgrade this document further for the more topics
Geronimo v1.2 and GV2.0 as well.

Thanks and Regards
Kanchana

Re: Deployment Plan-openejb.jar

Posted by Kanchana Welagedara <ka...@opensource.lk>.
hi David

On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 22:27 -0800, David Blevins wrote:
> On Feb 6, 2007, at 8:57 PM, Kanchana Welagedara wrote:
>
> > Hi Dan
> >
> > Thanks for your suggestion.We are hoping to complete the docs for
> > G1.2
> > and  then start working on G2.0.Basically the document migration will
> > happen based on the content and the structure of v1.1 with needful
> > enhancements.So by the time of end of completing the G1.2 hope
> > deployment plans for G2.0 will be fixed.
> > Obviously the affects of Geronimo implementation of openejb-3 we might
> > have to come up with new sample applications and more contents.I'm in
> > process trying out those.So that's the plan.
>
> I'm not sure I know how to read that response, so I'll just
> reiterate.  What Dain means to say is please do not guide users to
> use the v3 plan at all for the near term.
sure.we don't.

> We do have and will maintain a converter for the v2 plans over the
> long term, but as the v3 plan changes (there are several things on
> that list) there will be no old v3 to new v3 converter.  So users who
> stick with the v2 plan will be able to ride out the changes.  And so
> far there are no "extra" things available in the v3 plan that would
> make for a good argument for choosing that over the v2 plan -- the
> opposite actually.   There are several parts of the v2 plans which
> are not yet "hooked u
> p" and will be over the near term.
Thanks for sharing the details in depth.

> Hope that helps your planning!
Of course yes.Thanks

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.

Posted by Kanchana Welagedara <ka...@opensource.lk>.