Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Faz <ar...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/19 16:31:54 UTC

Getting Java user-defined object in C using CXF

Hi all,Just had a question raised in my mind today.Say if I have a java
complex object (User Bean) that I need to be used by the service consumer
that is developed via C. Is this possible using CXF being used in both
client(C) and service(Java)?*User Bean*Is this the best option or should we
build an XML String(*a*) out of the user bean and send it to the Client as a
regular string?Please suggest!!!Thanks

Re: Getting Java user-defined object in C using CXF

Posted by Faz <ar...@gmail.com>.
Any idea on this please?

Re: Getting Java user-defined object in C using CXF

Posted by Jason Pell <ja...@pellcorp.com>.
Be aware that gsoap does not appear to  have a commercial friendly license
which is different to cxf

Sent from my Android phone

Posted by Tim Fulmer <tf...@acemetrix.com>.

Posted by Faz <ar...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
CXF has no C bindings. Consider gsoap, for example, as a C binding for
SOAP. It will map wsdl to C.

Posted by Tim Fulmer <tf...@acemetrix.com>.
Hi Faz,

First off I'm no CXF expert, so please take these suggestions with a grain of salt.  Personally I'd recommend using JSON instead of XML if you have the luxury of designing both client and server portions from scratch.  JSON simply has the most momentum behind it; most folks are moving away from XML.  JSON also ties in more nicely with the next gen web stuff going on out there at the moment.  JSON is starting to work it's way into data storage systems behind the service interface too.

I'm not sure if CXF has client side language bindings in other languages.  Personally I'm not a big fan of generated client side code in general, and would rather build an HttpClient hitting a RESTful JSON service directly.  However that translates into other languages.  If CXF does not support generating client bindings in other languages, this may be an approach allowing you to standardize client access across technologies.  Publish the service interface contract, let the clients build to it.

$.02.

-- Tim