Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Rick Reumann <ma...@reumann.net> on 2003/03/02 07:47:03 UTC

just curious, shouldn't maybe message="true" use error="true" instead?

Nothing major here, I'm just curious why the

messages:present tag uses message="true" in order to check if
ActionMessages are present. I was thinking since ActionMessages is the
base class of ActionErrors that it might make more sense if
messages:present would show all messages, or at least ActionMessages by
default, and that maybe adding something like error=true would look for
ActionErrors (or maybe having errorsOnly=true would show just
ActionErrors).

I could of course be totally missing the way the
messages:present tag is working since it's way past my bed time:)

--
Rick