Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sudheshna Methuku <Me...@IICTechnologies.com> on 2000/10/09 15:19:31 UTC

support of transactions by tomcat

Hi,

Need to port an application which is using javax.jts.UserTransaction class
onto tomcat. Want to know if tomcat itself supports transactions or we need
to have some addon server. Currently using Tomcat3.1 and Apache.

Thanks & Regards,
Sudha.

Re: support of transactions by tomcat

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Sudheshna Methuku wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Need to port an application which is using javax.jts.UserTransaction class
> onto tomcat. Want to know if tomcat itself supports transactions or we need
> to have some addon server. Currently using Tomcat3.1 and Apache.

Tomcat does not support transactions, or any of the other application server
features of a J2EE server (such as the JNDI context to look things up in).

> Thanks & Regards,
> Sudha.

Craig McClanahan

                                    Applications to Tomcat