Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Mazza, Glen R, PERSCOM" <Gl...@hoffman.army.mil> on 2002/07/26 14:33:49 UTC

XML document serialization (newbie)

Hello, I recently downloaded the Java XML Pack, which uses the Xerces2 XML
Parser. A couple of questions with regards to serializing an XML document to
a file:

1) Xerces1 used the org.apache.xml.serialize.* classes to do serialization
(such as shown below), but I don't see them in the Xerces2 API. Which
classes take over for these in Xerces2?

import org.apache.xml.serialize.Serializer;
import org.apache.xml.serialize.SerializerFactory;
import org.apache.xml.serialize.XMLSerializer;

2) If we use the JAXP wrapper functionality to serialize instead, is the
javax.xml.transform package the standard way to do this in 1.2?  I've seen
some examples utilizing this.

Thanks,
Glen