Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Alexander Azarov <al...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/12 18:06:04 UTC

Problem with using context version

Hello,

I have a tough problem. I have a web application written in Scala and
I'm deploying it to Tomcat 7. This application uses Twitter Eval
library to read its configuration (basically Twitter Eval compiles a
Scala file on the fly and returns an instance, so it becomes possible
to write an app configuration in Scala).

The application runs fine under Tomcat 7, but I have a problem
deploying it with context version
(http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/context.html#Naming)
-- Twitter Eval fails to compile the configuration file and the stack
trace goes deep into Scala compiler. I've created the minimal example
project to show the effect: https://github.com/alaz/tweval (the stack
trace is shown there as well).

In order to eliminate the possibility Twitter Eval or Scala
library/compiler may be guilty, I've tried to build up a command-line
example and run it in a directory with name containing ##... it's here
https://github.com/alaz/tweval--2 . It works fine.

Looking forward to any help,
Alexander Azarov

Re: Tomcat default initial context factory values

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.
On 13/01/2012 01:39, 이재만 wrote:

> hi there.
> what's default values at tomcat when i write some client programs on tomcat.
> java.naming.factory.initial = ?
> provide url = ?
>
> thanks.

Please don't reply to an existing thread unless you are contributing to
it.  If you wish to ask a new question, start a wholly new email rather
than editing a reply to another thread - which is called thread hijacking.

[key:62590808]

Tomcat default initial context factory values

Re: Problem with using context version

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 12/01/2012 17:06, Alexander Azarov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a tough problem. I have a web application written in Scala and
> I'm deploying it to Tomcat 7. This application uses Twitter Eval
> library to read its configuration (basically Twitter Eval compiles a
> Scala file on the fly and returns an instance, so it becomes possible
> to write an app configuration in Scala).
>
> The application runs fine under Tomcat 7, but I have a problem
> deploying it with context version
> (http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/context.html#Naming)
> -- Twitter Eval fails to compile the configuration file and the stack
> trace goes deep into Scala compiler. I've created the minimal example
> project to show the effect: https://github.com/alaz/tweval (the stack
> trace is shown there as well).
>
> In order to eliminate the possibility Twitter Eval or Scala
> library/compiler may be guilty, I've tried to build up a command-line
> example and run it in a directory with name containing ##... it's here
> https://github.com/alaz/tweval--2 . It works fine.
>
> Looking forward to any help,

Almost certainly some form of URL class loader issue triggered by the
presence of the '##' sequence.

Something else to check is a multi-level context such as foo#bar.war

If foo.war works and foo#bar.war doesn't and neither does foo##1.war
then my money will be on the class loader.

Mark