Posted to dev@tubemq.apache.org by Goson zhang <go...@apache.org> on 2020/06/22 03:11:34 UTC

[Draft][Report] Apache TubeMQ - July 2020

Hi, all

This is the TubeMQ board report for this cycle, please help to view and
leave your feedback here.

I will fill in the report after 72 hours, if you need to add some
information, please list it here.

Thanks!

TubeMQ
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/July2020#tubemq>

TubeMQ is a distributed messaging queue (MQ) system.

TubeMQ has been incubating since 2019-11-03.
Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/July2020#three-most-important-unfinished-issues-to-address-before-graduating-16>

   1. Keep growing the community
   2. Improve documentation, including document translation
   3. Continuously improve system performance and increase system features

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/July2020#are-there-any-issues-that-the-ipmc-or-asf-board-need-to-be-aware-of-16>
None.

<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/July2020#how-has-the-community-developed-since-the-last-report-16>
Since the last report, the TubeMQ community has welcomed one new committer
member; the project community has continued to be active, attracting many
contributors for extensive cooperation and contributions, the total number
of contributors has increased to 53 (code: 39, website:14).
At the same time, we have adapted to the project operation style of the
Apache community: we move project-related communications, program
discussions, and task implementation to e-mail, transparentize the entire
project process, and operate according to community standards.

<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/July2020#how-has-the-project-developed-since-the-last-report-16>
We successfully released the first release version according to the Apache
process; the project has made a lot of usability improvements under the
contribution of everyone, including document finishing, support based on
Docker and K8S container operation, and data reporting pipeline support
upstream and downstream (Including data access based on Flume, source and
sink based on Flink and Spark), etc; at the same time, we have also made a
lot of adjustments in functions and performance. For details, please refer
to our project issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/TUBEMQ/issues.

How would you assess the podling's maturity?
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/July2020#how-would-you-assess-the-podlings-maturity-16>

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

   -  Initial setup
   -  Working towards first release
   -  x  Community building
   -  Nearing graduation
   -  Other:

Date of last release:
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/July2020#date-of-last-release-16>

2020-06-08
When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/July2020#when-were-the-last-committers-or-ppmc-members-elected-16>Technoboy-
was added as committer on 2020-04-21

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/July2020#have-your-mentors-been-helpful-and-responsive-16>

Yes.
Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/July2020#is-the-ppmc-managing-the-podlings-brand--trademarks-16>
Yes, all good here.

[Draft][Report] Apache TubeMQ - April 2021

Posted by Goson zhang <go...@apache.org>.
Hi, all

This is the TubeMQ board report for this cycle, please help to view and
leave your feedback here.

I will fill in the report after 72 hours, if you need to add some
information, please list it here.

Thanks!

TubeMQ
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/July2020#tubemq>

TubeMQ is a distributed messaging queue (MQ) system.

TubeMQ has been incubating since 2019-11-03.
Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/July2020#three-most-important-unfinished-issues-to-address-before-graduating-16>

   1. Complete the project rename task
   2. Improve and optimize the system to solve system Short board
   3. Promote the system, to let more people to use and participate in the
   community

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/July2020#are-there-any-issues-that-the-ipmc-or-asf-board-need-to-be-aware-of-16>
One,Our rename implementation Jira[1] still has no clear completion time.
Since the new name passed and mentor JB submitted the rename Jira[1] on
March 11, after the priority of the jira was adjusted from Major to Minor
on March 13, the mentors has pinged several times, but still no more
movement.

1.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/INFRA/issues/INFRA-21558?filter=allopenissues

<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/July2020#how-has-the-community-developed-since-the-last-report-16>
We have recently deployed the community TubeMQ 0.8.0 version in our
environment, from the comparison of before and after the gray-scale, the
performance of the version is at least 5% higher than before. Especially
the metric of the number of disks written by the system has dropped
significantly, and the problems found have been reported back to the
community for repair.

At the same time, we have conducted three offline technical exchanges with
the technical teams of other different companies (the relevant
communication documents have been placed on the external website for other
business review and analysis). Through the comparison of the environmental
issues of different companies in the big data scenario, TubeMQ has
relatively good cost advantages and technical characteristics. We will
continue to choose to cooperate with companies with similar scenario
requirements to allow more people who need this ability. The company uses
this component and participates in the operation of the community.

In addition to using email to synchronize information on major issues, we
created an "inlong" channel in ASF on Slack to meet and solve the needs of
users in the same time zone for timely communication.

<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/July2020#how-has-the-project-developed-since-the-last-report-16>
When we were preparing for the release of TubeMQ 0.8.0 without the "-WIP"
tag, we discovered that the BDB component that the project metadata
management module relies on has a license authorization problem, we are
refactoring this part to meet Apache's license requirements.

At the same time, our project has submitted an application for name change
and has been approved by Apache. We are currently preparing for the content
of the project after the name change, including the project homepage, Logo,
modules to be open sourced, documentation, etc, and some of the content has
been completed and is waiting to be applied online after the name change is
completed; the name change implementation Jira [1] has been submitted by
Mentor JB on March 11, and is still in pending status without clear
implementation completion time.

1.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/INFRA/issues/INFRA-21558?filter=allopenissues

How would you assess the podling's maturity?
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/July2020#how-would-you-assess-the-podlings-maturity-16>

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

   -  Initial setup
   -  Working towards first release
   -  x  Community building
   -  Nearing graduation
   -  Other:

Date of last release:
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/July2020#date-of-last-release-16>

2021-03-05
When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/July2020#when-were-the-last-committers-or-ppmc-members-elected-16>yuanboliu
   - was added as committers on 2020-12-10dockerzhang- was added as PPMC on
2020-12-15

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/July2020#have-your-mentors-been-helpful-and-responsive-16>

Yes, the mentors Justin and JB in the project improvement stage gave us a
lot of help.

Re: [Draft][Report] Apache TubeMQ - July 2020

Posted by Goson zhang <go...@apache.org>.
Since there is no additional supplement or need to be modified, I will fill
in the content of this email.

Thanks

Goson zhang <go...@apache.org> 于2020年6月22日周一 上午11:11写道: