Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by CLAVIER Remi FTRD/RTA/LAN <re...@rd.francetelecom.fr> on 2001/02/07 13:51:37 UTC

Please Help Me ; encoding problem at JSP compil.

When I try to execute a JSP file, I have aan error like this.
>>org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for
JSPC:\tomcat\webapps\examples\WEB->>INF\classes\DALNet\VisuWeb.java:1: The
source file encoding may be different with this platform encoding. Please
use ->>encoding option to adjust file encoding, or apply native2ascii
utility to make source file ASCII encoding.

When I compile the java file used by my JSP using javac, I've not this kind
of error...
When I use the entire site in another Java Server Page, I'not this error
(Resin is Used from months without this kind of error message)......
It sure the my java source files are written using the full french
alphabet... and I want to continue to use it!!!

But how can I said to the compiler  to use the correct encoding and avoid
this compilation error.

Thanks for help.

Rémi Clavier
France Télécom R&D / RTA/  D2M
Technopole Anticipa
2, Avenue Pierre Marzin        	Téléphone :	(+33 )  (0) 2 96 05 2220
22307 Lannion Cedex           	Fax :		(+33 )  (0) 2 96 05 1252
FRANCE
	mailto:remi.clavier@francetelecom.fr