Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net> on 2003/12/05 05:49:16 UTC

RE: [eve] Event Notification Service ( Was Event Manager )

Looks like Wes we get to implement this stuff anyway.  It will
be more fun I think.

Anyway I'm done massaging the old LDAPd projects that just got
imported and don't think I can get them to fully build and deploy
using phoenix with the new maven stuff without wasting more time.
The problem has to do with the sar building etc.

Instead I'd rather focus on this stuff and leave it as is.  We can't
release it until we're out of the incubator anyway.

So what I did was this.  I created a directory/ldap/eve parent and
under that created the frontend and backend directories.  Basically
these are the two major subsystems within the server.

All our components should be built as separate maven projects unless
Brett has objects :-).  For example the event stuff would be a project
under directory/ldap/eve/frontend/event and so on.

I will start moving some of my code from the sandboxs here as well as
the new things I've been exploring locally with the frontend.

Alex

RE: [eve] Event Notification Service ( Was Event Manager )

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
Wes,

The aspect stuff is actually unrelated and reside within the backend
subsystem which is separate from the frontend discussion.  I'll post
and email right after this one on the interceptor framework within the
backend subsystem just to clarify.

Alex

Posted by Wes McKean <wm...@logictrends.com>.