Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/26 19:01:20 UTC

DAS Beta1 distros

I have built DAS distros that are intend to be the DAS beta1 RC and
they are available for a quick review at :

   http://people.apache.org/~lresende/tuscany/das-beta1-distribution/

I still need to make a final review to the distros and provide an
updated release notes.

Please let me know if you find any problems, I'll give it a day for
people to comment on these distros, and will then cut a release
candidate based on the das-beta1 branch.

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer

Re: DAS Beta1 distros

Posted by Amita Vadhavkar <am...@gmail.com>.
Hi Luciano,

There were issues regarding url specified in the sample-ajax-das,
Createda JIRA for this (JIRA-1390) and uploaded patch.
Regards,

Re: DAS Beta1 distros

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ant

   I have just added RELEASE_NOTES and BUILDING files and I'm
refreshing the distros.
   I'll look into the other issues you mentioned in the morning...

On 6/27/07, ant elder <an...@apache.org> wrote:
> Looks pretty good to me but here's a few comments:
>
> - The zip files unzip to a folder of the same name, its better if the unzip
> folder name is the same as the zip file name
>
> - There's no RELEASE-NOTES file or BUILDING file in src or INSTALL file in
> bin distro's.
>
> - Its preferred if the incubating disclaimer text is in a separate
> DISCLAIMER file out side of the NOTICE file
>
> - The samples include a readme from m2
>
> - An overview README in the samples directory would be good
>
> - As the samples aren't distributed separately:
>    - don't need license and notice in samples
>    - sample artifact names could be simpler without
> tuscany-das-...1.0-incubating-beta1...
>
> - tuscany-das-rdb-1.0-incubating-beta1.jar includes a README from M1
>
>    ...ant
>
> On 6/27/07, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I have fixed the legal files and sample readme files and already
> > refreshed the distro on the link below :
> >
> >    http://people.apache.org/~lresende/tuscany/das-beta1-distribution/
> >

> > On 6/26/07, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Thanks Haleh, I also noticed that, after I renamed the README, LICENSE
> > > and NOTICE, these files were not being included on the
> > > distributions... I have created JIRAS, and will update the distros
> > > once these issues are fixed.

> > samples.  Shouldn't

> > http://people.apache.org/~lresende/tuscany/das-beta1-distribution/

> > > --
> > > Luciano Resende
> > > Apache Tuscany Committer
> > > http://people.apache.org/~lresende
> > > http://lresende.blogspot.com/
> > >

> > --
> > Luciano Resende
> > Apache Tuscany Committer
> > http://people.apache.org/~lresende
> > http://lresende.blogspot.com/

Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer

Re: DAS Beta1 distros

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ant

   I have just added RELEASE_NOTES and BUILDING files and I'm
refreshing the distros.
   I'll look into the other issues you mentioned in the morning...

On 6/27/07, ant elder <an...@apache.org> wrote:
> Looks pretty good to me but here's a few comments:
>
> - The zip files unzip to a folder of the same name, its better if the unzip
> folder name is the same as the zip file name
>
> - There's no RELEASE-NOTES file or BUILDING file in src or INSTALL file in
> bin distro's.
>
> - Its preferred if the incubating disclaimer text is in a separate
> DISCLAIMER file out side of the NOTICE file
>
> - The samples include a readme from m2
>
> - An overview README in the samples directory would be good
>
> - As the samples aren't distributed separately:
>    - don't need license and notice in samples
>    - sample artifact names could be simpler without
> tuscany-das-...1.0-incubating-beta1...
>
> - tuscany-das-rdb-1.0-incubating-beta1.jar includes a README from M1
>
>    ...ant
>
> On 6/27/07, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I have fixed the legal files and sample readme files and already
> > refreshed the distro on the link below :
> >
> >    http://people.apache.org/~lresende/tuscany/das-beta1-distribution/
> >

> > On 6/26/07, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Thanks Haleh, I also noticed that, after I renamed the README, LICENSE
> > > and NOTICE, these files were not being included on the
> > > distributions... I have created JIRAS, and will update the distros
> > > once these issues are fixed.

> > samples.  Shouldn't

> > http://people.apache.org/~lresende/tuscany/das-beta1-distribution/

> > > --
> > > Luciano Resende
> > > Apache Tuscany Committer
> > > http://people.apache.org/~lresende
> > > http://lresende.blogspot.com/
> > >

> > --
> > Luciano Resende
> > Apache Tuscany Committer
> > http://people.apache.org/~lresende
> > http://lresende.blogspot.com/

Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer

Re: DAS Beta1 distros

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.

Re: DAS Beta1 distros

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer

Re: DAS Beta1 distros

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer

Re: DAS Beta1 distros

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Haleh, I also noticed that, after I renamed the README, LICENSE
and NOTICE, these files were not being included on the
distributions... I have created JIRAS, and will update the distros
once these issues are fixed.

On 6/26/07, haleh mahbod <hm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I downloaded bin distribution. There is no readme for samples.  Shouldn't
> readme be included with sample distribution under bin?
>
> On 6/26/07, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I have built DAS distros that are intend to be the DAS beta1 RC and
> > they are available for a quick review at :
> >
> >    http://people.apache.org/~lresende/tuscany/das-beta1-distribution/
> >
> > I still need to make a final review to the distros and provide an
> > updated release notes.
> >
> > Please let me know if you find any problems, I'll give it a day for
> > people to comment on these distros, and will then cut a release
> > candidate based on the das-beta1 branch.
> >
> > --
> > Luciano Resende
> > Apache Tuscany Committer
> > http://people.apache.org/~lresende
> > http://lresende.blogspot.com/

Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer

Re: DAS Beta1 distros

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Haleh, I also noticed that, after I renamed the README, LICENSE
and NOTICE, these files were not being included on the
distributions... I have created JIRAS, and will update the distros
once these issues are fixed.

On 6/26/07, haleh mahbod <hm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I downloaded bin distribution. There is no readme for samples.  Shouldn't
> readme be included with sample distribution under bin?
>
> On 6/26/07, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I have built DAS distros that are intend to be the DAS beta1 RC and
> > they are available for a quick review at :
> >
> >    http://people.apache.org/~lresende/tuscany/das-beta1-distribution/
> >
> > I still need to make a final review to the distros and provide an
> > updated release notes.
> >
> > Please let me know if you find any problems, I'll give it a day for
> > people to comment on these distros, and will then cut a release
> > candidate based on the das-beta1 branch.
> >
> > --
> > Luciano Resende
> > Apache Tuscany Committer
> > http://people.apache.org/~lresende