Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by fabrice91 <fa...@free.fr> on 2010/01/21 15:38:01 UTC

catch svn error code in windows bat script file

Hi,
I'm using svn for Windows XP and I run the "svn.exe update" command
through a bat script.
But I dont find how to catch an error if the svn server is down or if
there is a conflict problem in order to report this error to an
admninistrator.
Thanks

Re: catch svn error code in windows bat script file

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 10:38, fabrice91 <fa...@free.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm using svn for Windows XP and I run the "svn.exe update" command through
> a bat script.
> But I dont find how to catch an error if the svn server is down or if there
> is a conflict problem in order to report this error to an admninistrator.
> Thanks

ERRORLEVEL should contain the exit status of the previous command. See
http://www.robvanderwoude.com/errorlevel.php

You should also be able to parse the output of the svn.exe command.