Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org> on 2019/07/17 15:28:14 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Create a Flink ecosystem website

Hey all,

Daryl and I have great news to share. We are about to finish adding the
basic features to the ecosystem page.
We are at a stage where it is ready to be reviewed and made public.

You can either check out a development instance of the ecosystem page here:
https://flink-ecosystem-demo.flink-resources.org/
Or you run it locally, with the instructions from the README.md:
https://github.com/sorahn/flink-ecosystem

Please report all issues you find here:
https://github.com/sorahn/flink-ecosystem/issues or in this thread.

The next steps in this project are the following:
- We fix all issues reported through this testing
- We set up the site on the INFRA resources Becket has secured [1], do some
further testing (including email notifications) and pre-fill the page with
some packages.
- We set up a packages.flink.apache.org or flink.apache.org/packages domain
- We announce the packages through a short blog post

Happy testing!

Best,
Robert

Posted by Oytun Tez <oy...@motaword.com>.
I agree with Robert – localization (this is what we do at MotaWord) is a
maintenance work. If not maintained as well as mainstream, it will only
damage and distant devs that use those local websites.

Re: comments, I don't think people will really discuss furiously. But we at
least need a system where we understand the popularity of a package, it
helps to pick among similar packages if any. Something like the popularity
figure here that we can fetch from somewhere:
https://mvnrepository.com/popular

---
Oytun Tez

*M O T A W O R D*
The World's Fastest Human Translation Platform.
oytun@motaword.com — www.motaword.com

Posted by Oytun Tez <oy...@motaword.com>.

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.