Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Timo Walther <tw...@apache.org> on 2019/08/27 11:28:48 UTC

[VOTE] FLIP-54: Evolve ConfigOption and Configuration

Hi everyone,

thanks for the great feedback we have received for the draft of FLIP-54.
The discussion seems to have reached an agreement. Of course this
doesn't mean that we can't propose further improvements on
ConfigOption's and Flink configuration in general in the future. It is
just one step towards having a better unified configuration for the project.

Please vote for the following design document:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IQ7nwXqmhCy900t2vQLEL3N2HIdMg-JO8vTzo1BtyKU/edit#

I will convert it to a Wiki page afterwards.

Thanks,
Timo

Re: [VOTE] FLIP-54: Evolve ConfigOption and Configuration

Posted by Timo Walther <tw...@apache.org>.
Hi Dawid,

I'm a big fan of immutability and your suggestion makes sense to me.
Furthermore, I thought about the class name clashes of ConfigOptionGroup
and the existing ConfigGroup annotation. Maybe we should come up with a
better name.

I will make some additional adjustments to the FLIP. I hereby cancel the
vote. Further discussions should go into the [DISCUSS] thread until a
new vote is started.

Thanks,
Timo

Posted by Dawid Wysakowicz <dw...@apache.org>.

Posted by JingsongLee <lz...@aliyun.com.INVALID>.
+1 non-binding

Best,
Jingsong Lee

From:Dawid Wysakowicz <dw...@apache.org>
Send Time:2019年8月27日(星期二) 13:55
To:dev <de...@flink.apache.org>; Timo Walther <tw...@apache.org>
Subject:Re: [VOTE] FLIP-54: Evolve ConfigOption and Configuration

+1 to the FLIP

Also I think we should mention that the voting will last at least 72
hours as requested by the bylaws until 30 Aug 14:00 CEST. (Correct me if
I am wrong Timo)

Posted by Dawid Wysakowicz <dw...@apache.org>.
+1 to the FLIP

Posted by Jark Wu <im...@gmail.com>.