Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Shrinivas Joshi <js...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/23 00:59:44 UTC

data node specific mapred-site.xml

I am using 0.21.0 build. It seems like having different settings for
properties in mapred-site.xml on different nodes within the cluster isn't
supported? I want to set JVM flags for map/reduce JVMs differently on each
of the data nodes. It looks like Hadoop is picking these options from the
namenode's mapred-site.xml.

If this is something that Hadoop doesn't supports then how do folks set up
Java heap requirements according to the memory available on each of the data
nodes which could be different.

Thanks,
-Shrinivas