Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Nißl Reinhard <re...@fee.de> on 2012/07/26 17:32:44 UTC

How do I shrink a 2.6 GB large auto-whitelist file in spamassassin 3.3?

Hi,

before the upgrade to 3.3 (to be precise: spamassassin-3.3.2), AWL was enabled and working for years with spamassassin 3.1. Over time auto-whitelist has grown to 2.6 GB.

I tried sa-awl as mentioned in the manuals to have a look at the contents, but it was eating up all memory and swap space (with no output yet) so I killed it before kernel would kill any other vital processes.

So how can I shrink that huge Berkley-DB file?

Bye.
--
Reinhard Nißl, TB3, -198

Re: How do I shrink a 2.6 GB large auto-whitelist file in spamassassin 3.3?

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.org>.
Den 2012-07-26 17:32, Nißl Reinhard skrev:

> So how can I shrink that huge Berkley-DB file?

change to sql (mysql or postgresql)

then add timestamp to each table, so lastchange is the unix time it
hitted last, when that is working expire is simple in cron :=)

its just still todo with berkdb imho