Posted to dev@lens.apache.org by Yash Sharma <ya...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/25 19:02:54 UTC

JLine version change error - IncompatibleClassChangeError

Hitting JLine error recently.. Anyone else facing this ?

yash@yash lens $./client/bin/lens-cli.sh
SLF4J: Class path contains multiple SLF4J bindings.
SLF4J: Found binding in
[jar:file:/home/yash/work/git/incubator-lens/lens-ml-dist/target/apache-lens-2.3.0-beta-incubating-SNAPSHOT-ml/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.7.6.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
SLF4J: Found binding in
[jar:file:/usr/local/lens/client/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.7.6.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#multiple_bindings for an
explanation.
SLF4J: Actual binding is of type [org.slf4j.impl.Log4jLoggerFactory]
[ERROR] Terminal initialization failed; falling back to unsupported
java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Found class jline.Terminal, but
interface was expected
at jline.TerminalFactory.create(TerminalFactory.java:101)
at jline.TerminalFactory.get(TerminalFactory.java:159)
at jline.console.ConsoleReader.<init>(ConsoleReader.java:227)
at jline.console.ConsoleReader.<init>(ConsoleReader.java:219)
at jline.console.ConsoleReader.<init>(ConsoleReader.java:207)
at
org.springframework.shell.core.JLineShell.createConsoleReader(JLineShell.java:250)
at org.springframework.shell.core.JLineShell.run(JLineShell.java:112)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Exception in thread "Spring Shell" java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError:
Found class jline.Terminal, but interface was expected
at jline.console.ConsoleReader.<init>(ConsoleReader.java:228)

Re: JLine version change error - IncompatibleClassChangeError

Posted by Varadharajan Mukundan <sr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Amareshwari,

Yes it is because of the conflicting jline versions. Two versions
(0.98 and 2.11 is in classpath and its causing issues). I've fixed
this and patch is here : https://reviews.apache.org/r/35922/  and
JIRA-637

Posted by "amareshwarisr ." <am...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Varadharajan Mukundan <sr...@gmail.com>.