Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "tom.troonbeeckx" <to...@ideaxis.com> on 2002/11/18 11:57:53 UTC

integrating php with cocoon 2.0.3

Dear sir, madam,

I have compiled cocoon-2.0.3 as described in the HOWTO in order to work with
PHP-files.
I'm running a j2sdk-1.4.1 and a tomcat 4.0.6 in a Redhat 7.1 Linuxbox.

The compilation went fluently.  I have put the cocoon.war in the
WEBAPPS-folder and the phpsrvlt.jar into the $TOMCAT/common/libs folder.

Referring into the documentation i should be able to execute PHP-code.
However when i try to access a php-file i get the  errormessage as described
below.

Do i have to configure something in the sitemap.xmap. or do i something else
wrong?

Thanks in advance

type fatal

message UnnamedSelector: ComponentSelector could not find the component for
hint: php

description org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException:
UnnamedSelector: ComponentSelector could not find the component for hint:
php

source Cocoon servlet

stack-trace

org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException: UnnamedSelector:
ComponentSelector could not find the component for hint: php
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ExcaliburComponentSelector.select(Exca
liburComponentSelector.java:270)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.DefaultSitemapComponentSelector.select(DefaultSite
mapComponentSelector.java:101)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.DefaultSitemapComponentSelector.select(DefaultSite
mapComponentSelector.java:104)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractStreamPipeline.setReader(Abstr
actStreamPipeline.java:140)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.CachingStreamPipeline.setReader(Cachin
gStreamPipeline.java:123)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.matchN10341(/sites/SOURCES/jakarta-tomcat
-4.0.6/work/Standalone/localhost/cocoon/cocoon-files/org/apache/cocoon/www/s
itemap_xmap.java:3887)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.process(/sites/SOURCES/jakarta-tomcat-4.0
.6/work/Standalone/localhost/cocoon/cocoon-files/org/apache/cocoon/www/sitem
ap_xmap.java:2701)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.process(/sites/SOURCES/jakarta-tomcat-4.0
.6/work/Standalone/localhost/cocoon/cocoon-files/org/apache/cocoon/www/sitem
ap_xmap.java:2538)
	at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.process(Handler.java:224)
	at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Manager.invoke(Manager.java:179)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.SitemapManager.process(SitemapManager.java:154)
	at org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:999)
	at
FilterChain.java:247)
	at
ain.java:193)
	at
va:243)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
	at
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
	at
va:190)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
	at
org.apache.catalina.valves.CertificatesValve.invoke(CertificatesValve.java:2
46)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
64)
	at
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2347)
	at
)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
	at
java:170)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
64)
	at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:170
)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
64)
	at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:468)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
64)
	at
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
	at
:174)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
	at
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
	at
1027)
	at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:1125
)

 Ideaxis nv
-facing the internet-

Flanders Multimedia Valley
Wetenschapspark 1
B-3590 DIEPENBEEK

Tel : +32 11 26 89 20
Fax : +32 11 23 22 17
Mobile: +32 479 13 14 81

E-Mail: tom.troonbeeckx@ideaxis.com

Ideaxis nv legal disclaimer
privileged. It may be read, copied and used only by the intended recipient.
returning this e-mail. Please delete this e-mail and do not disclose its
contents to any person. Ideaxis nv does not accept liability for any
errors, omissions, delays of receipt or viruses in the contents of this
message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.

Re: integrating php with cocoon 2.0.3

Posted by Alexandru COSTIN <ac...@interakt.ro>.
	Hello,
	To use PHP for XML/XSL content publishing, you should try Krysalis,
it's an open source platform built for this goal.
	It already has a stable core, an powerful IDE, etc.

	See more details at http://www.interakt.ro/products/Krysalis/

				Alexandru

Alexandru COSTIN
Chief Operating Officer
http://www.interakt.ro/
+4021 411 2610

Re: integrating php with cocoon 2.0.3

Posted by Roger I Martin PhD <hy...@hypernexinc.com>.
I still think you have a classpath problem; not a sitemap problem.

Posted by Roger I Martin PhD <hy...@hypernexinc.com>.