Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Hillel Seltzer <hs...@larich.com> on 2007/08/01 22:21:47 UTC

Re: Axis-wsse and log.debug

I did a little digging in the axis 1.4 and axis-wsse source.

The WsseClientHandler class extends the axis BasicHandler class.
BasicHandler has the class variable:
    private static Log log =
        LogFactory.getLog(BasicHandler.class.getName());

Yet, when the code in WsseClientHandler tries to use the
"log.debug" method, the runtime (Java 1.4) ends up throwing
the exception:
java.lang.IllegalAccessError:
 net.vitale.filippo.axis.handlers.WsseClientHandler tried to access field
 org/apache/axis/handlers/BasicHandler.log from class
        at
net.vitale.filippo.axis.handlers.WsseClientHandler.invoke(WsseClientHandler.java:92)

By extending the BasicHandler class, shouldn't the WsseClientHandler
class just inherit the "log" variable?  What is wrong here?
What can I do about it without recompiling axis and/or axis-wsse
from the source?

Thanks.
---Hillel