Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Goking <Ma...@asia.bigfoot.com> on 2002/08/14 12:53:46 UTC

JDCB realm problem

im using tomcat 4.04

and this is my code for using the jdbc realm in the server.xml

<Realm  className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm" debug="99"
             driverName="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
           connectionURL="jdbc:oracle:thin:@dev10:1521:dev10"
		    connectionName="custcare"
     connectionPassword="custcare"
              userTable="custcare.users" userNameCol="username" userCredCol="password"
          userRoleTable="custcare.groups" roleNameCol="groupid" />
		-->

however once i log in it always gives a null pointer exception and i cant trace the source of the error coz it goes directly to the error page itself.

im not sure but my doubt is that this will only work with 4.03 or maybe less. it wont work with the 4.04 version

now i also tried the 4.04 sample code

<Realm  className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm" debug="99"
             driverName="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
          connectionURL="jdbc:oracle:thin:dev10:1521:ORCL?user=custcare;password=custcare"
              userTable="users" userNameCol="username" userCredCol="password"
          userRoleTable="groups" roleNameCol="groupid" />

this gives me a different error. invalid call argument. anyone help me with this? would be appreciated. thanks

-- mark

---