Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Max Bowsher <ma...@ukf.net> on 2006/02/28 09:38:08 UTC

'AuthzSVNAnonymous' - has anyone ever used this? What is it intended to do?

Re: 'AuthzSVNAnonymous' - has anyone ever used this? What is it intended to do?

Posted by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net>.
Max Bowsher wrote:
> I'm currently fixing mod_authz_svn to work with httpd trunk, and have
> run into the AuthzSVNAnonymous directive.
>
> I cannot work out what purpose it fulfils - which makes it hard for me
> to ensure I preserve its intended behaviour.
>
> Any enlightenment would be much appreciated.

<guesswork>
The text in the code that registers the directive reads:

   Set to 'Off' to skip access control when no authenticated user
   is required. (default is On.)

So, it would seem that this is a way to tell mod_authz_svn that
anonymous access does or doesn't pay attention to access control
directives, likely for performance purposes.
</guesswork>

--
C. Michael Pilato <cm...@collab.net>