Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Dan Fabulich <da...@fabulich.com> on 2009/03/07 03:35:50 UTC

Creating a commons release

I'm reading the documentation here (is this the most up-to-date?)
http://wiki.apache.org/commons/CreatingReleases

It says to make sure my changes.xml has been updated.  I've done a number
of Maven releases before, though not in commons, and I'm not familiar with
that particular file.  Where do I get one?  How do I update it?

Also...

How do I run a RAT report in commons?  Is it being run for me by gump?  If
so, where is its output?

-Dan

Re: Creating a commons release

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
You're in the unix group now.

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
The source for the changes report is xdocs/changes.xml.

There's nothing for 1.2 in there currently. I look at the 1.2 JIRA
issues and transfer, then do an svn log and look for anything that
didn't get a JIRA issue.

When you run mvn site, the RAT report is one of the ones that is generated.

Hen