Posted to user@struts.apache.org by bacco77 <ba...@libero.it> on 2003/07/22 13:21:09 UTC

validation error

I have the following problem

I've implemented a Dynamic form with validation (required,mask etc..)

The standard validation works correctly.

Then i wrote my own validator.
The validator works but when he send me to the form after the error occurs,
an exception occurs in my page:

"Cannot find bean error in any scope."

The jsp page:

<logic:messagesPresent>
<bean:message key="errors.header"/>
<ul>
<li><bean:write name="error"/></li>
</ul><hr>
</logic:messagesPresent>

My validator is:

package mypackage;

import java.io.Serializable;
import java.util.Locale;
import javax.servlet.ServletContext;
import org.apache.struts.action.ActionErrors;

import org.apache.commons.validator.*;
import org.apache.struts.util.*;

public class MyOwnValidator implements Serializable
{
public MyOwnValidator()
{
}

public boolean validateTwoFields (Object bean,ValidatorAction va, Field field,ActionErrors errors, HttpServletRequest request )
{

int wage=0;
int tax=0;

tax= Integer.parseInt(ValidatorUtil.getValueAsString(bean,field.getProperty()));
wage= Integer.parseInt(ValidatorUtil.getValueAsString(bean,field.getVarValue("secondProp")));
System.out.println("Wage--->" + field.getVarValue("secondProp"));
//wage=Integer.parseInt(field.getVarValue("secondProp"));
System.out.println("Wage--->" + wage);
System.out.println("Tax--->" + tax);
if (wage>=1000 && tax<1000)
{
System.out.println ("Erroe");
errors.add(field.getKey(),StrutsValidatorUtil.getActionError(request,va,field));
return false;

}

return true;

}