Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Pa...@capgroup.com on 2003/05/14 08:38:03 UTC

Problem with locking features

Some questions ...

I tried to lock an object for writing but I get no exception if I launch
two processes locking the same object.

Has anybody heard something about this ?

   OQLQuery query = odmg.newOQLQuery();
   query.create("select allObjects from " + gl.class.getName() + " where
   m_id = " + m_id);
   DList result = (DList) query.execute();
   Product toBeEdited = (Product) result.get(0);
   tx.lock(toBeEdited, Transaction.WRITE);

   ... wait for some time ....
   tx.commit();

Regards,

Patrick Reyes

                    "Armin Waibel"
                    <armin.waibel@code-a       To:     Patrick Reyes/CDS/CG/CAPITAL@CG
                    u-lait.de>                 cc:
                                               Subject:     Re: Strange error when opening the database
                    05/13/2003 03:13 PM
                    Please respond to
                    "Armin Waibel"

> OQL is indeed different from SQL!
'O' instead of 'S' ;-)

here is OQL query link

http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/ylmao/oql/oql.html

some things are different using OJB, but it could be a
good starting point (beside the doc)

regards,
Armin