Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Enis Soztutar <en...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/27 12:10:00 UTC

Ivy multi-project example changing="true"

Hi,

I recently dig into ivy and used the multi-project example to convert my
multi module maven-built project to ivy. The example includes
rev="latest.integration" dependencies, but by default does not include
settings for resolvers with force="true". This results in a case where
local-published (from common.xml) artifacts go the the local repo but
the depending projects does not get the latest, since the cache is not
updated.
I have solved my problem (after several hours of searching) with
introducing a changing="true" attribute to <dependency> tags of my
modules. I propose we add that attribute to dependencies in the
src/example/multi-project/projects/*/ivy.xml, as described in the best
practices guide. I have not issued a Jira ticket since i am not 100%
sure for this. Does this makes sense?