Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by SPEELGOED VOOR KINDEREN / TOYS FOR CHILDREN / JOUETS POUR ENFANTS <in...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/30 09:07:47 UTC

Internet Explorer 6 <--> 7

Hello,

Since a few months my e-commerce site www.olagos.eu is not schowing
the left column , the right column and a lot of images anymore in IE
6.
In IE7 there is no problem at all.

Has someone the same experience?

What is the solution?

Regards,
Heidi
www.olagos.eu

Re: Internet Explorer 6 <--> 7

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <as...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
 >>I would recommend cleaning up the HTML and running it through a
validator first. Then take a close look at the CSS styles being used for
the columns and see if some IE6 CSS hacks can be applied to them.

I think w3c will be your friend while validating Html,Xml..... etc
contents on your web page.

http://validator.w3.org/

--
Regards
Ashish Vijaywargiya

http://www.hotwaxmedia.com
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indore

Office :- +917314093684
Direct :- +919893479711

SPEELGOED VOOR KINDEREN / TOYS FOR CHILDREN / JOUETS POUR ENFANTS wrote:
> Thank you very much . I will have a detailed look on it.
>
> thanks,
> Heidi Dehaes
> Http://www.olagos.eu
> info.olagos@gmail.com
>

> 2008/9/30 Adrian Crum <ad...@yahoo.com>:
>
>> Heidi,
>>
>> I looked quickly at your home page, and I can't answer why Explorer 6 is having a problem, but I do see some issues with your HTML:
>>
>> 1. IDs should be unique. You have multiple <div id="mainarea">
>> elements - there should be only one.
>> 2. Opening HTML tags without closing HTML tags.
>> 3. Odd, meaningless markup. Example, at the bottom of the page is
>>
>> I would recommend cleaning up the HTML and running it through a validator first. Then take a close look at the CSS styles being used for the columns and see if some IE6 CSS hacks can be applied to them.
>>
>> -Adrian

>>> Heidi

Re: Internet Explorer 6 <--> 7

Posted by SPEELGOED VOOR KINDEREN / TOYS FOR CHILDREN / JOUETS POUR ENFANTS <in...@gmail.com>.