Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Peter Davis <pe...@pdavis.cx> on 2002/12/22 06:56:31 UTC

Re: [Issue 1039] Changed - ra_dav / svn cat : adds a blank line at start of file

Re: [Issue 1039] Changed - ra_dav / svn cat : adds a blank line at start of file

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@newton.ch.collab.net>.
Greg Hudson <gh...@MIT.EDU> writes:
> It's also common to use /dev/tty for password prompts, in case input has
> been redirected (ssh does it, for instance, which is why you can use ssh
> with password authentication as an ra_svn tunnel agent).  Perhaps we
> should do that, and send the echoed newline there as well.
>
> (That's Unix-specific, of course.)

Turns out apr_getpass() already does this (my comments in the issue
were wrong).  It looks like we introduced the spurious newline in very
old commits in subversion/clients/cmdline/trace-commit.c (revisions
1.7 and 1.8).

That's from CVS days, and trace-commit.c is gone now, but maybe that
newline lives on somewhere.  Diagnosing now...

-Karl

Re: [Issue 1039] Changed - ra_dav / svn cat : adds a blank line at start of file

Posted by Greg Hudson <gh...@MIT.EDU>.