Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by "VinceB." <wa...@verizon.net> on 2017/03/04 17:50:47 UTC

Quick Method to Insert Rows

Hello:

In AOO Calc 4.1.3, is there a quicker method for adding rows other than
one at a time?  There has been need to insert, for example, ten rows
between two existing rows. Doing this one row at a time is "dull".

Regards,

VinceB.

Re: Quick Method to Insert Rows

Posted by Steven Ahlers <sa...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Control not command

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by "VinceB." <wa...@verizon.net>.

On 3/4/2017 10:47 PM, Rochelle wrote:

> Instead I copied (command c) the number of blank rows I desired from far
> left column, then inserted it where I needed it.

> Rochelle

Rochelle:

That method works for me, also.  If you can find two, or more, blank
rows, the above method is not much of a problem to insert rows, for me.
Do that once, or more, with one, or more, blank row(s), then select the
resulting blank rows, and repeat as needed.

I vaguely recalled a dialog window whereby you can specify the quantity
of rows to be inserted, but that probably was within MS Excel.

Posted by Rochelle <rh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Steven Ahlers <sa...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Rochelle <rh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Vince B." <wa...@verizon.net>.

Posted by "VinceB." <wa...@verizon.net>.
On 3/4/2017 2:04 PM, Girvin Herr wrote:

> On 03/04/2017 09:50 AM, VinceB. wrote:
>> Hello:
>>
>> In AOO Calc 4.1.3, is there a quicker method for adding rows other
>> than one at a time?  There has been need to insert, for example, ten
>> rows between two existing rows. Doing this one row at a time is "dull".
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> VinceB.
>>

> Vince,
> Yes.  Left click on the row number (far left column) you want to start
> insertion. While holding the left mouse button down, drag the mouse
> down the number of rows you want to insert and release the left
> button.  Right click somewhere on the selected row numbers and select
> "Insert rows".  The number of rows selected should shift down and
> create the number of blank rows for you.
> HTH.
> Girvin Herr

Girvin:

Thank you, again.  Your instructions were followed, and they worked
perfectly on my WINDOWS 10 desktop.

Posted by Girvin Herr <gh...@fastmail.com>.