Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Frédéric Deniger <fr...@wanadoo.fr> on 2004/09/20 13:57:34 UTC

links broken in the last version and TOC

Hi,
1)I've just updated forrest from svn. I try to seed and to generate a
new project (without editing anything). The tabs don't contain any items
and all html links are broken.
Is there a new option ?
2) I'd like to generate a TOC for specific documents only. How can I do
this ? Can I use a property ?
Thanks in advance
Fred

Re: using the head of svn trunk

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
David Crossley wrote:
> Perhaps someone else has a more definitive answer.

Building Forrest is so fast that 'a build with every update' is IMHO a
safe and easy rule :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

using the head of svn trunk

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Vincent Bray wrote:
Subject: Re: links broken in the last version and TOC
> David Crossley wrote:
> > There is a new bug:
> > http://issues.cocoondev.org/browse/FOR-293
>
> This one got me too :-/ Thanks for the quick response.

That bug is fixed now.

> Random thought: is there a way using svn to flag the need for a rebuild?
> Or should those of us using the svn head simply run ./build.sh after
> every 'svn up'?

You can watch the SVN messages when you do 'svn update'.
(If you want more detail then subscribe to svn mailing list.)

If the changes are anything to do with the guts of Forrest,
such as *.java then you definitely need to do 'build clean'
then 'build'.

Since Forrest uses itself in-place, most updates have immediate
effect, so no need to rebuild.

Perhaps someone else has a more definitive answer.

--
David Crossley

Re: links broken in the last version and TOC

Posted by Vincent Bray <v....@cobwebinfo.com>.
> There is a new bug:
> http://issues.cocoondev.org/browse/FOR-293

This one got me too :-/ Thanks for the quick response.

Random thought: is there a way using svn to flag the need for a rebuild?
Or should those of us using the svn head simply run ./build.sh after
every 'svn up'?

thanks again, noodl
(sloooowly working forrest out)

Re: links broken in the last version and TOC

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Frédéric Deniger wrote:
> Hi,
> 1)I've just updated forrest from svn. I try to seed and to generate a
> new project (without editing anything). The tabs don't contain any items
> and all html links are broken.
> Is there a new option ?

There is a new bug:
http://issues.cocoondev.org/browse/FOR-293

> 2) I'd like to generate a TOC for specific documents only. How can I do
> this ? Can I use a property ?
> Thanks in advance
> Fred

Good idea. Please add it to the issue tracker as an enhancement.

--
David Crossley