Posted to users@rave.apache.org by Niels van Dijk <ni...@surfnet.nl> on 2012/04/13 17:48:16 UTC

[Announce] The 'Edu-Socializing Seminar' (Utrecht, the Netherlands, June 12th and 13th)

Sorry for any cross posting. Please feel free to forward this to whoever
you feel appropriate.

Friday, April 13, 2012

SURFnet <http://www.surfnet.nl/en/>is happy to announce the
'Edu-Socializing Seminar', to be held in Utrecht, the Netherlands, on
June 12th and 13th.

Gadget and widget technology [1
<http://edu-socializing.wikispaces.com/home#1>], [2
<http://edu-socializing.wikispaces.com/home#2>] is gaining momentum in
the Research and Educational community. Projects like the Role Project
<http://www.role-project.eu/>, Apache Rave <http://rave.apache.org/>,
Sakai OAE <http://sakaiproject.org/node/2239> and OpenConext
<http://www.openconext.org> implement and deploy these technologies,
showcasing the possibilities and benefits of such loosely coupled and
distributed environments. The projects address a wide variety of needs
from within the community like, among others, personalized learning
environments, mashing web and social content, distributed learning and
online collaborations.

The event seeks to explore trends and foster these developments
internationally, by bringing together experts from different fields into
one event and joining them in a community. With interactive sessions the
workshop wants to enable sharing of ideas and knowledge. At the same
time the event wants to trigger new developments. With dedicated
breakout sessions, common challenges can be addressed and solutions can
be targeted.

If you are working within this area and would like to participate by
presenting or challenging the other attendees, we welcome you
contributions to the event. We kindly ask you to fill this out in the
registration form
<http://edu-socializing.wikispaces.com/Registration+form+%27Edu-Socializing+Seminar%27>
or submit a proposal to edu-socializing@list.surfnet.nl
<ma...@list.surfnet.nl> of about 250 words in one of
the following themes:

  * engaging collaboration;
  * distributed learning applications;
  * extending opensocial;
  * sharing gadgets and widgets

Please note that the organizing committee reserves the right to reject
any proposal without further comment.While we will do our best to
accommodate all who wish to attend, please keep in mind that space is
limited. A registration fee of euro 115 is required to allow SURFnet to
deal with the overhead of organizing the event as well as for the social
events. You can register here <http://www.amiando.com/QMMTIPX>.
Registration and payment is handled by Amiando.

The event will be held at the SURFnet offices in Utrecht, The
Netherlands. The location is easy to reach from Amsterdam Schiphol
Airport in approx. 30 min. For directions, please visit the SURFnet
website
<http://www.surfnet.nl/en/organisatie/Pages/routebeschrijving.aspx>. For
booking a hotel, you can visit our hotelreservation-webpage
<https://secure.hotelpartner.nl/congres/default.asp?cid=2B7B44A2A4BF58D1CDA71E833E741ADE3EEE1D65>.
To keep in touch on Twitter, we will use the hashtag #ESUtrecht.

[1] http://docs.opensocial.org/display/OS/Home
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/widgets <http://www.w3.org/TR/widgets/>