Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "A.White" <A....@salford.ac.uk> on 2004/03/03 10:20:55 UTC

Pointbase Database No Longer Available for download

After following advice from members of this list as to how is best to
learn Struts etc I was pointed to the Java Web Services Tutorial.  In
the tutorial it says to use the Pointbase database.  I visited their
website and filled in my contact details expecting to be able to
download the file but instead was just contacted by a sales person who
emailed me saying:

" Thanks for the email.  However, PointBase recently stopped allowing
free
downloads of our software.

We recommend that you contact Sun. "

Does anyone know if the documentation will be updated to reflect these
changes or if they got around it, how?

Many thanks

Andrew