Posted to graffito-dev@incubator.apache.org by Alexandru Popescu <th...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/04 15:10:44 UTC

exception hierachy

Hi!

I would like to suggest a small change in the exception hierachy:

Currently the root exception is:
JcrMappingException, from it deriving both RepositoryException and PersistenceException.

In my opinion a better approach would be to have

JcrMappingException
          ^
CustomNodeTypeCreationException, IncorrectAtomicTypeException, InitMapperException,

RepositoryException
	^
VersionException, LockingException (with its children LockedException, CannotUnlockException)

and

PersistenceException

This will allow a clean separation of:
- issues related to mappings
- issues related to the underlying Repository
- issues related to persistence

I would also suggest the renaming of CannotUnlockException to (maybe) IllegalUnlockException.

waiting for your opinions,

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.