Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by simon <bo...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/18 15:01:54 UTC

[users@httpd] About configure Reverse Proxy

hi,
    I configured reverse proxy like this:

    <Proxy balancer://resource-lists>
    BalancerMember http://192.168.1.1/services/resource-lists
    </Proxy>

    <Location /services/resource-lists>
    AuthType Digest
    AuthName "test.com"
    AuthDigestProvider dbd
    AuthDigestQop auth
    AuthDigestNonceLifetime 30
    Require valid-user
    AuthDBDUserRealmQuery "SELECT pwd FROM users WHERE username = %s AND
domain = %s"
    ProxyPass  balancer://resource-lists
    </Location>

    Now another url need reverse proxy, "
http://192.168.2.2/services/resource-lists/xxxx/yyyy.xml"
    /xxxx/, /yyyy/ every time is changed

    But 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.2.2 have different services.

    How I do it?

    Thank You
    simon

Re: [users@httpd] About configure Reverse Proxy

Posted by Kevin Castellow <ke...@gmail.com>.
There is the possibility to use an exclusion and not proxy requests to a
subdirectory.
However, how do you plan on stopping a user that wants to get to
resource-lists(192.168.1.1) from going to the other service with the same
url?
I don't think the exclusion is the answer you are exactly looking for but
here it is:

The ! directive is useful in situations where you don't want to
reverse-proxy a subdirectory, *e.g.*

ProxyPass /mirror/foo/i !
ProxyPass /mirror/foo http://backend.example.com

will proxy all requests to /mirror/foo to backend.example.com
*except*requests made to
/mirror/foo/i.
Note

Order is important: exclusions must come *before* the general
ProxyPassdirective.

I think this is a namespace issue that needs to be solved before Apache can
solve it.  Could you put the different services into two different virtual
servers?

Kevin Castellow
http://kevincastellow.workintel.com