Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Gopalkrishna Kulkarni <go...@gmail.com> on 2021/05/07 02:43:03 UTC

How can we get Endpoint uri-schemes for a component

Hi,
A camel component can be developed with a uri scheme for example
"sample-component". Now the Endpoint of this component can actually extend
an existing Endpoint say SQL which has uri syntax as "sql:<select query">.

Now I am listening to camel Exchange event (ExchangeSentEvent
<https://javadoc.io/static/org.apache.camel/camel-base/3.0.0/org/apache/camel/impl/event/ExchangeSentEvent.html>)
When I retrive the uri from the event I get "sql:<select query">. But what
I want is to get "sample-component". How can we achieve that. In simple
terms following is the ask
How can we get all Endpoint uri schemes for a camel component.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Gopal

Re: How can we get Endpoint uri-schemes for a component

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Sounds like you extend the component wrongly. Otherwise your new
component will use its own scheme name.
Take care when you extend existing Camel components (it not for new
users to Camel to do).

--
Claus Ibsen