Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Prashant Sharma <pr...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/03 19:35:59 UTC

Hive hwi setup windows 8 using cygwin

Dear All,

	Kindly help with hwi setup, I am using cygwin on windows 8, jdk 1.7, ant
1.9. I have successfully built hive and able to start the hwi war using
command "hive --service hwi". It shows  Started
SocketConnector@0.0.0.0:9999 in console.

Problem I am facing is when I open the browser and try to access the hwi
url (localhost:9999/hwi)
I get error in console as below and the webpage also displays the stack
trace of same error.

Error :-

2014-09-03 22:48:36,475 ERROR [1231565732@qtp-362433913-0]
compiler.Compiler (AntCompiler.java:generateClass(225)) - Javac exception
Unable to find a javac compiler;
com.sun.tools.javac.Main is not on the classpath.
Perhaps JAVA_HOME does not point to the JDK.
It is currently set to "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_51\jre"
         at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.compilers.CompilerAdapterFactory.getCompiler(CompilerAdapterFactory.java:129)

Have tried all path related issues solutions for ant, yet the problem is
there. Have checked ant also, its working fine in cygwin and windows
both,I am able to run all the lifecycle tasks from ant.

Please help.

Thanks
Prashant

Re: Hive hwi setup windows 8 using cygwin

Posted by Prashant Sharma <pr...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, 03 Sep 2014 23:05:59 +0530, Prashant Sharma
<pr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> 	Kindly help with hwi setup, I am using cygwin on windows 8, jdk 1.7,
> ant 1.9. I have successfully built hive and able to start the hwi war
> using command "hive --service hwi". It shows  Started
> SocketConnector@0.0.0.0:9999 in console.
>
> Problem I am facing is when I open the browser and try to access the hwi
> url (localhost:9999/hwi)
> I get error in console as below and the webpage also displays the stack
> trace of same error.
>
> Error :-
>
> 2014-09-03 22:48:36,475 ERROR [1231565732@qtp-362433913-0]
> compiler.Compiler (AntCompiler.java:generateClass(225)) - Javac exception
> Unable to find a javac compiler;
> com.sun.tools.javac.Main is not on the classpath.
> Perhaps JAVA_HOME does not point to the JDK.
> It is currently set to "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_51\jre"
>          at
> org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.compilers.CompilerAdapterFactory.getCompiler(CompilerAdapterFactory.java:129)
>

> Have tried all path related issues solutions for ant, yet the problem is
> there. Have checked ant also, its working fine in cygwin and windows
> both,I am able to run all the lifecycle tasks from ant.
>
> Please help.
>
> Thanks
> Prashant

Dear All,

	I have solved the above issue, the same was due to tools.jar not getting
picked up in the classpath when Jetty server is trying to compile the jsp
files of hwi. The issue seems to be with jetty server during runtime.

Thanks
Prashant