Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Christian Pestel <ch...@orange.fr> on 2012/06/01 16:30:32 UTC

Re: Arabic text from ArialUnicodeMS Windows font rendered without ligature between characters

Hi Gleen,

Hi Glenn,

l obtain a correct arabic Pdf (see ok.pdf) which use ArialUnicodeMS Windows font with this fop.config1 :

<fop version="2.0">
  <renderers>
    <renderer mime="application/pdf">
   <filterList>
       <value>null</value>
   </filterList>
   <fonts>
        <auto-detect/>
    </fonts>
</fonts>
</renderer>
</renderers>
</fop>

l obtain an incorrect arabic Pdf (see ko.pdf) with this fop.config2  :

<fop version="2.0">
  <renderers>
    <renderer mime="application/pdf">
   <filterList>
       <value>null</value>
   </filterList>
   <fonts>
    </fonts>
</fonts>
</renderer>
</renderers>
</fop>

Why ?

Thank for your help.

Christian Pestel

christian.pestel@orange.fr

Posted by Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com>.
Correct. The use of explicit metrics file is not supported with complex
scripts. You should not use explicit metrics file for any configuration in
FOP 1.0 or later.

Posted by Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com>.
Because the use of  is

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 8:30 AM, Christian Pestel <christian.pestel@orange.fr