Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Mark Orciuch <ma...@ngsltd.com> on 2001/11/16 22:49:47 UTC

Adding portlets to registry at runtime

In previous version of jetspeed, there used to be JetspeedConfig class which
allowed for reading and writing portlet entries at runtime. This class is
gone from the current release. What would be the equivalent of this in
current release? I am trying to write an administrative app which allows to
add portlet entries to registry and then write them to appropriate registry
fragment. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Mark C. Orciuch
IT Consultant
Voice: 219-647-4122
e-Mail: mark_orciuch@ngsltd.com

RE: Adding portlets to registry at runtime

Posted by Mark Orciuch <ma...@ngsltd.com>.
OK. I got a little further in my search for answer. Even before making my
original post, I searched for this functionality in CastorRegistryService
but I could not find a way to access a specific RegistryFragment. Method
addEntry does not seetm to be appropriate since there's no way to specify
which fragment to add the entry to (or at least, I can't see how).

I have pulled out code to load/save registry fragment from
CastorRegistryService and used it to created quick test for adding a new
portlet entry (see attached). It seems that perhaps there could be
functionality in CastorRegistryService to gain access to particular fragment
(or I'd be curious to know why not). Thanks!

Best regards,

Mark C. Orciuch
Next Generation Solutions, Ltd.
Voice: 219-365-0691
e-Mail: mark_orciuch@ngsltd.com
In previous version of jetspeed, there used to be JetspeedConfig class which
allowed for reading and writing portlet entries at runtime. This class is
gone from the current release. What would be the equivalent of this in
current release? I am trying to write an administrative app which allows to
add portlet entries to registry and then write them to appropriate registry
fragment. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Mark C. Orciuch
IT Consultant
Voice: 219-647-4122