Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com> on 2002/11/19 05:28:01 UTC

change to title?

i haven't run forrest for a few days.  last time i did, my
files all validated.  now this fails:

because 'link' is not in (strong|em|code|sub|sup).

is this a recent change?  or validation now being done
correctly?  either road, i'd like to either be able to
have links in titles, or know the reason why not.. :-)

Re: change to title?

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 11:28:01PM -0500, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> i haven't run forrest for a few days.  last time i did, my
> files all validated.  now this fails:

> because 'link' is not in (strong|em|code|sub|sup).
>
> is this a recent change?  or validation now being done
> correctly?

Yes, until just before 0.2 was released, validation was only being done
in the xdocs/ directory, not subdirs.

> either road, i'd like to either be able to have links in titles, or
> know the reason why not.. :-)

Docbook allows it.. perhaps Forrest should as well.

I think we need a file listing all proposed DTD changes, so they don't
get forgotten.

For now, you could just disable validation of the file, with the
forrest.validate.xdocs.excludes property, as described at
http://xml.apache.org/forrest/validation.html

--Jeff

Re: change to title?

Posted by Diana Shannon <sh...@apache.org>.
On Monday, November 18, 2002, at 11:28  PM, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> because 'link' is not in (strong|em|code|sub|sup).
>
> is this a recent change?  or validation now being done
> correctly?  either road, i'd like to either be able to
> have links in titles, or know the reason why not.. :-)

And while you're at it, **please** consider adding <br /> to <title>.
And don't flame me. I know some may abuse it, but this is a common need
in print-publishing (to add manual, readable breaks to certain types of
titles/subheads). I'd want to use it -- judiciously -- for pdf files and
a limited amount in html files.

Diana